Stopping at a bus stop.

So what, a blue badge is for a disabled person not a driver.

Reply to
dennis

How would the camera in this case know my passenger had a blue badge? And if he had, would he get it out and wave it about when being dropped off at a station?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You return the form saying he had a blue badge with its number on. What's difficult about it?

Reply to
dennis

No mention about that on 'the form'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably because Blue Badges do not permit stopping on a bus stop clearway during its hours of operations (something Dennis admitted he didn't know but...)

Reply to
Robin

Perhaps it's just me, but you'd have thought the council or whoever would have provided a space for disembarking passengers outside one of the busiest railway stations in the world. Although that wouldn't rake in the income this camera obviously does. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you are saying that there are a multitude of drivers paying the idiot tax.

OOI, what is the penalty? Let's assume it's 60 quid. Your 30 second pit stop works out at a cool

7.2 grand per hour for the council. Next time, get your money's worth and park for an hour.
Reply to
Richard

"Whoever" do indeed provide for passenger drop-off at Clapham Junction. It's in the entrance which was re-opened in 2011. See

And by the way, it's not one "one of the busiest railway stations in the world" in terms of passengers entering/leaving. Not even in top 10 in London

Robin

but in terms of trains passing threough, it might well be. All the trains from Waterloo PLUS half those fron Victoria.

Reply to
charles

You obviously don't know the size of that station and how long a walk it is to the far side for an elderly person.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I know it well enough to appreciate the distance. My point was that you implied there was *no* drop-off point at Clapham Jn when there is. It's one which has room for wheelchair users; and which gives flat access to the lift to the footbridge with lifts to every platform.

You want *another* drop off point by the Grant Road entrance. You can of course lobby for one there - although as that is at the end of the subway which only has stairs up to the platforms I think you'll have a hard job selling it.

Reply to
Robin

Ok. So appreciate an elderly passenger might prefer to be dropped off at the most convenient entrance? And we're not talking about stopping on a busy main road, but a side street which is pretty quiet at that time on a Sunday. With the single bus route down to one about every 20 minutes.

My passenger wasn't in a wheelchair. Nor could my car carry one.

No chance. The council have a nice little earner from mugs like me. And they know it, by making a lightly used bus stop no stopping ever and having a camera on it. While plenty of much more heavily used ones don't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can be used on any car in which the holder is a passenger.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Form tells you how to contest the fine. I actually supplied video footage of a car park with one of mine - and got off.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Perhaps it's just me but I would have thought someone living in London would be aware of the approach of some councils and would be aware of the rules and the use of cameras leading to automatic generation of fines.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Same length as for everyone else in distance.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Got it in one.

Reply to
bert

I'll bet they do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True. In future I'll act like a good Tory and not give lifts to anyone. They can use Uber or walk.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does anyone care it's only south London you should be more worried about the cobbled streets and gas lights ;-P

Reply to
whisky-dave