Source for oddball sanding belts?

Good afternoon folks,

I'm trying to find a few belts 610 x 38mm (2ft x 1.5ins) in grits ranging from 180 to 600 or more and I'm struggling.

610 is a fairly common length, 38 width is uncommon. I could use narrower belts, anything from 30 to 38mm, but that is not ideal. Could possibly use 75mm wide and try to bisect them. Also struggling with the grits I require. Prefer al/oxide or silly/carbide. Could buy rolls and diy but again that is not ideal as I only need a few of varying grit. This is for a nice *old* merkin machine that will be ideal for the intended task, hence the imperial measurements.

Any thoughts please.

Thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Ya just not thinking outside the box

Nthkentman

of just one country (and it's not UK). God only knows why they pretend that there's any other choice than the US of A.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They are simply saying they don't despatch outide the USA. I've met similar with one French company.

Reply to
charles

20% VAT on everything and a £40 customs charge.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Outside the box! The way I feel right now, I might be in one sooner than expected. I've have seen the Clarcorp site and a couple of other left pond sites. Don't have any problem with that but was hoping for summat homegrown. Shirley there must be a manufacturer in the uk.

Thanks again, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

The e-commerce software probably comes with the country option as standard and they haven't worked out how to disable the box.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar