Drill Press Replacement belts - Made in China

I have a 16" drill press made in China. It has no brand name on it, only a model No. HJ-16F.

I am pleased with the drill press but can find replacement v-belts. One belt says O-550 the other O-530.

I have tried two local auto stores with no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase replacement belts in the USA (St. Louis metro area).

Reply to
Tom

Are you trying for those part numbers, or just something of the same size and angle? Most parts counters have the tool to measure the length of the belt and can match it up close enough to get you within the range of adjustment on the machine.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Any comparable replacement would be fine. Auto Zone and O'Reilly's Auto Parts couldn't make a match.

Reply to
Tom H

Also, you might not find it at an auto supply store. If you have a rubber & belt or industrial supply dealer locally try them. They usually have the off-size belts or can get them. Some full-service tool stores can order them too.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

first try a higher end auto parts store. then look in your yellow pages for a bearing supplier. they usually also sell pullies and belts, and carry the industrial, non automotive ones. and don't count on the chinese belt numbers to mean anything to domestic supplier- walk into the store with the belt in your hand.

Reply to
bridger

If you can determine the length and width yourself you might try Grainger

Look under Motors & Power Transmission => Belts, they show 15 per page and have 43 pages. Probably have what you need.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Skip the auto parts store, most of those guys could not tie their shoes if the computer broke down! Find an industrial belt and bearing supply. They will fix you right up. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:42:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom" quickly quoth:

NAPA Auto Parts has the largest selection of belts I've ever seen. Even the conveyor guys go there. Alternatively, move to a linkbelt. I got the last 2 from Harbor Freight's Medford, OR store a few years ago. Find your own. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tom, Try an industrial supply house or a power transmission supply house like Bearing Headquarters or Motion Industries. They can match up almost any belt.

Greg Postma

Reply to
Greg Postma

Another idea. I replaced the belt on my HF drill press with link belts. Vibration just about disappeared. Couldn't believe the change it made. Earl

Reply to
Earl in Jax

Reply to
Rob Mills

I would suggest mcmaster.com. Click on v-belts and then follow the instructions on how to measure them.

Reply to
AL

I always got my belts at the hardware store.......Not the "Borg" as they're called on here The blue and the Orange Giants....

If you have a local hardware store or a tractor supply they usually have a pretty good selection of belts that should work too.

I've heard good things about the link belts.....Haven't used one yet though.

Good luck.

Reply to
bremen68

Go to Wolley Segap, look under "Power Transmission" in the business to business directory.

Next stop WW Grainger.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Found the belts at Grainger. Thanks to Everyone.

Reply to
Tom H