Zirconium sanding belts

Are these less prone to loading than Aluminum Oxide belts - or are they just longer lasting in the event that I don't irreparably gunk them up like I usually do?

Care to share any tips on a) avoiding loading in the first place and

2) salvaging those for which I've ignored (a)?

JP

***************** Not happy with the tracking adjustment on the PC352VS.....
Reply to
Jay Pique

there's a rubber gummy thing you can get to unload belts. looks like a big eraser.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Does it work?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Link to a quality rubber gummy thing:

Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?", the question is "who has them now?"

Mike Patterson

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Does anybody else out there remember when they used to put zirconium in toothpaste?

"New Pepsodent!! With zirconium silicate!! Puts pizzaz in your smile!!!!'

I wonder how much tooth enamel was worn away in those days.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

they don't seem to load up as much as most belts. they are far more aggressive and lest a hell of a lot longer. well worth the cost. I use up a lot of them and AO belts would cost me a fortune and be slower.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Yes.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
larry in cinci

The "big gummy blocks" are blocks of crepe rubber. Before I spent money on a block, I had some old crepe rubber soled shoes and took the heel, the thickest part, and used it to clean a sanding disk to see if it would work. When my old shoes wore down, I then bought a couple of blocks and use them all the time.

Reply to
Eric Tonks