Odd size sanding belts

Have a Sears Craftsman belt sander that uses a 3 by 26.5 inch belt. At least that's what it measures now. Of course I can't find belts for it anywhere. It has some writing on the back of said belt but it's worn off. Anyone know a source?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Warning to all - Sears does things in a propriatary way a lot. Keeps you needing to go back to Sears.

So, try Sears. If no, there may be places to make custom size belts for you. I have never used them and know nothing about them but google turned up this

Good luck

Reply to
No

Klingspor arguably makes the best sanding belts available. Klingspor also makes custom belts. They offer 3x27 belts as a normal size.

the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG