Soldering/brazing torch for (e.g.) 13kg propane cylinder

How about:

which is a variable propane regulator, with a butane type female connector at the input side.

and

which is an adaptor with a male butane type output.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Do propane cylinders actually come with clip-on connectors? I've only come across them on butane (which uses RH threads, while Propane uses LH).

Reply to
newshound

I think it's the new-fangled patio gas in green cylinders?

Reply to
Andy Burns

When propane is called 'patio gas' it has 27mm clip-on connectors. It also comes in green rather than red containers.

As OP I'm actually wondering whether it might make more sense for me to use propane cylinders (with the POL connector that most blow torches are expecting) rather than add an adapter to my existing patio gas cylinders.

I actually find the clip-on connectors on patio gas containers rather clumsy and unreliable, I wish I hadn't been persuaded/conned into using them with the last gas barbecue we bought.

Reply to
Chris Green