"Soft Close" Kitchen door/drawer buffers

Hi just bought a Hygena kitchen from MFI. But wanted cupboards and doors that have soft close (ie close gentle and can't be slammed)-unfortunately MFI don't offer it on Hygena range.
Has anyone used the B and Q "Premium Door Buffers" and are they any good? http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID 664&entryFlaglse&PRODID4665
They look like a cheaper version of another product called Blumotion.
Also could anyone tell me how easy they are to fit to a kitchen after it has been installed?
Many Thanks in advance, FJ
On 23 Jul 2005 17:34:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dialstart.net wrote:

I've used them for some cupboards in my office (which use kitchen door type hinges) and they are fine.
Probably on the B&Q carcases the screws that come with them will fit into the holes normally used for shelf pegs.
On an arbitrary cupboard, you may have to drill holes. IIRC, I used a 5mm drill with a depth stop.
An easy job
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

No, they're made to fit into the holes that would have been used by the hinge mounts if you'd hung the door on the other side. Quite a nice bit of design, really, and pretty unB&Q like. Oh, and they work quite well, too. Though they won't overcome the force of you, say, slamming the cupboard. But in normal use do the job perfectly.
Regards
Mark
Mark A wrote:

I thought they were bloody brilliant, and I couldn't make a door slam whatever I did. Not quite so good on drawers where there's no spring applying pressure but well worth the extra dosh. Is there more than one type? These were the premium type I think.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:24 GMT, Stuart Noble

There are drawer slide mechanisms that have an arrangement where part of it drops down or is pulled by a nylon cam as the drawer nears the closed position. The soft close things work OK with these.
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

My understanding is that the non-premium type consist of sticky backed rubber rings from the chocolate teapot school of design.
Christian.

I have used B&Q buffers on my MFI Hygena kitchen. They are excellent.

On the cupboard doors, they fitted simply by screwing into existing unused hinge holes without further drilling. Clearly kitchen carcasses are sufficiently standardised to allow this.
On the drawers, I drilled my own holes into the side of the carcass using a 5mm bit (from memory - check size). This was easy and effective. It was also less intrusive than following the instructions and drilling into the top of the carcass, where it would be more visible and interfere with the drawer contents during closure/opening.
Christian.