Short IEC right angle cordset

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

Sounds like dave works in educational establishment that insist on PAT stickers plastered everywhere. A brand new lead with moulded-on ends (therefore unseen and with potentially shoddy wiring) from china is trusted to be good until the next stickering exercise, yet something he could carefully make and test himself is treated like it's made of razor wire ...
On Saturday, 13 June 2015 09:55:05 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Yes that is correct it's silly but it's all to do withy admin, and it's better to employ an admin person to box tick than someone to carry out the work ;-)
On Saturday, 13 June 2015 08:58:42 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Any alteration including changing a fuse apparently warrents a new electrical test.
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

So you should have access to one of these: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg107.htm <q> Maintaining portable electrical equipment
Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment Date of publication: 2013 ISBN: 978 0 7176 6606 5 Series code: HSG107 (Third edition) Price: £15.00 Download a free copy
Buy this product Do you have control over or use portable electrical equipment in the workplace?
This guidance is for managers, electricians, technicians and users and gives sensible advice on maintaining portable electrical equipment to prevent danger. It covers equipment that is connected to the fixed mains supply or a locally generated supply.
It outlines a recommended maintenance plan based on a straightforward, inexpensive system of user checks, formal visual inspection and testing. </q>
Then I suggest that you point some high level bean counter to these: http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2012/hse-pattesting.htm http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/faq-portable-appliance-testing.htm
HTH
On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 14:25:29 UTC+1, Richard wrote:

-IEC/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Right -Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

ves

r a

Cheers, but I'm not interested the college makes the rules and that's that. If they want everything checked every year then that's what's down.
"whisky-dave" wrote in message <snip>

No chance of progress there then...
On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 17:15:36 UTC+1, Richard wrote:

Very astute of you. I've tried and given up all they do is employ people to write fine sounding documents that mean virtually nothing in the real world. One example is the Occupational Health, Safety and Well-being Policy and Framework (Ref: QM_OHSD_GA001). I tried skimming through this 27 page document to see if I could find any information. I gave up and thought I'd use a search on the PDF for "electrical" and I couldn't find a single reference.
When you click on our departmental link "*Electrical safety - in preparation. Contains a link to the College information." you get sent to the ohsd. If you're really that interested it's here :- http://www.ohsd.qmul.ac.uk/
But I reserve the right to claim it's my idea if you find that this site cures insommnia :)
Oh and our dept. H&S web site still lists fire marshals that left 4 years ago. and they have just put out a request for fire marshel volenteers to be trained/retrained. One has retired another now lives in the USA, they're probablity wondering why these individuals haven't replied for retraining.
I've refused for the past 4 years and plan to refuse this year too.

Ah, academentia. Explains a lot :)
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Usual British disease .. piss poor management..
--
Tony Sayer

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 11:32:01 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

is it just British I wonder.
anyway there's a H&S job going if anyones intrested.
http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/items/151396.html
whisky-dave wrote:

Nope, I expected to find "PAT" or "electric" but neither returned anything, I do hope you use a suitable acronym for
Wendy Appleby: Academic Registry Senior Executive
On Thursday, 18 June 2015 19:17:44 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

ha
On Thursday, 18 June 2015 22:37:15 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

that's strange I tried our search http://www.dir.qmul.ac.uk/search?terms=Appleby&option=any
and it didn't find her.
On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 04:05:00 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave

She was only the document checker in 2012. Google tells us that she moved to UCL in 2014. Her acronym is now URAHOSARS, You can select whatever letters you like out of that if it amuses you.
--
Dave W

Ebay? e.g.
<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-RIGHT-ANGLE-IEC-C13-KETTLE-TYPE-POWER-CABLE -UK-PLUG-LCD-LED-ANGLED-MAINS-LEAD/230882839810?>
There will no doubt be other sellers, and I'm sure they will do a deal if you contact them
--
Chris French