Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Reply to
mm

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You can get one that has the torch head at the end of a 4 ft or so hose, it's very handy. I have one and the actual torch including handle is only about 8 inches.

Reply to
lwasserm

Thats the kind I like the best. Otherwise you got to tip the tank, the liquid fuel comes out and the flame is very unstable or goes out. I rarely ever use the hoseless ones anymore.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff