right angle impact driver

I need an impact driver for removing seats in trucks (some have slightly rusted bolts). Has anyone used the Ridgid right angle impact driver? If so, I would like your opinion as to whether it could be a replacement for an air ratchet wrench? Is it the only right angle impact driver on the market?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
eganders

Don't know if they still make them, but in late '60s early '70s, my friend had a 3/8" air impact(butterfly type) with a right angle head attached. We used it a LOT when I worked part time for him in service station.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

An air powered unit is a problem since we will often be away from air sources. We thought of carrying our own compresser, but a reliable

power source and the potential of an extension cord giving large voltage drops is a real concern.

The reason for all of this is that we have some electronics behind the seats of a plow truck vehicle that we have to get access to. We want to be pretty independent since often no truck bay may be available.

The Ridgid right angle impact driver has 700 in-lbs of torque or about

60 ft-lbs. That seems pretty high (not an impact hammer, of course). I am not sure how much torqe it will take to remove a rusted bolt on the seat of a truck. I guess I will go out and check.
Reply to
eganders