Right Angle Drive Dremmel

I put this question on UK Models Rail but got no response so will try here. I see that you can get a right angle attachment for a Dremmel. I need to drill some small holes in a restricted space so a conventional right angle drill or modelling drill is out of the question. I wondered how useful is an attachment for a Dremmel? I have a Draper modelling drill so what are the chances that the Dremmel attachment will fit it or will I need to by a Dremmel.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

================= I can't help you with the 'Dremmel' but have you considered a flexible drive shaft for a conventional drill? Have a look at:

and look for 'flexible drive'. I don't think this will do any heavy duty drilling but it might be useful for what you have in mind.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I thought along the same lines, I think you can get a dremmel flexible drive ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I am only drilling about 1mm dia, the question would be if the drive was flexible enough to give me the access that I required. I haven't used a flexible drive for donkeys years so I will have to look into that.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

I have a Dremel with flexi drive. How much clearance do you have? I reckon you need a minimum of ~3", and that's really pushing it.

Reply to
Grunff