Right Angle Grinder

What does it do?

I have a book showing it used to abrade the high spots on a concrete surface; how does this use compare to an orbital sander?

Thanks

Reply to
Greg Esres

Orbital sander is good for finishing wood. Angle grinder can be used to sand heavy rust, cut steel, grind a weld smooth. It is much more heavy duty.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Agreed, an angle grinder is more agressive.

And when you consider the number of attachments you can get for it it is a very useful tool to have around.

Do like me and buy both.

Reply to
greg6755

They are two tools with different uses.

A right angle grinder with a diamond cup doesn't even come close to a orbital sander with even the best sandpaper on concrete.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

What do you want to do?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I'm not sure I want to do anything. :-) I need to roughen up a concrete floor a bit and the books show a right angle grinder being used to grind down some high spots. I have not yet established that there *are* any high spots, so a regular sanding block is probably all I need in the short term.

Reply to
Greg Esres