found this place looking for something simple help please?

Had the same experience as the guy who got a spark on his multimeter trying to test a wall outlet. I blew a fuse in my kitchen; now i gotta look shhepish for my landlord again. thing is i plugged into the 750v max hot turned it to ac volts and autoread did some research and im supposed to be able to put both leads on the litttle one and ground pow! big one and ground pow! little one and big one pow! no lights in my kitchen my milk's' goin' sour as we speak tryin to figure it out , funny thing is when i was in highschool i was taught how to do this without pow! am i getting dimmer with age or is it how this meter is designed? its a radio shack 22-812 46-range n turns itself into an oscilloscope i did'nt finish reading everyones suggestions when i saw the other guy had his mistakenly set to dc trying to test ac (mine still reads dc. the inductor i was testin reads open: which i figured cause when i opened the ac to9v ac 1300mA adapter i smelled the familiar burnt transformer smell. i just wanted to relax with my new expensive 76$ tool, but no! pow! help please , brock

Reply to
broklee

Get new meter than goe hire an electrican and save your self

Reply to
jim