sensible wummin...following my lead

Jim GM4DHJ ...

I only look at tiktok when having a shit.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Then I must be constipated because I have never used TikTok, Messenger or a host of other time-wasters.

Smartphones are not suitable for half or even quarter-wits but for the rest of us they are amazing.

Reply to
pinnerite

Very true..

Reply to
Sysadmin

I do a crossword, i'm sure it's better for the soul.

Reply to
R D S

Good lord why am I responding.... :(

Why are people stupid for having fragile mental health?

Reply to
R D S

pinnerite expressed precisely :

Yep, but you need to be selective about their use. I don't use SM, only check the phone maybe a couple of times a day, or if it rings. I never walk with it in my hand - I rule it, not it me.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

More fool you. It can be very useful when you are getting it to tell you where you need to go to find a particular shop etc after you have parked your car etc.

It has nothing to do with rule.

Reply to
Rex Jones

On the contrary all the people I see with smart phones clamped to their ears or with earbuds in look sub moronic.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

1/. Why are you going to a shop at all? 2/. Parked you car? the towns have made cars illegal. 3/. Sensible people use a desktop machine to order online instead.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

we do ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Some stuff doesn't get sold online and sometimes you need it right away and delivery isn't fast enough or you need to look at the item to decide if it is suitable.

Some get really radical and take something the new bit needs to fit to the store and find the part that fits there.

And some stuff needs to be picked up in person even if you have bought it online because delivery isn't good value.

And while one supermarket will deliver, they won't deliver

5KG bags of breadmix, let alone the 10KG bags.

Then you would be walking from the public transport stop.

And plenty of stuff is bought using social media and picked up from their house or flat.

Not always suitable and that's true of stuff that isn't cheap to have delivered too.

Only a fool doesn't have a smartphone for those situations even if they aren't that common.

Reply to
Rex Jones

I go like a seagull so never have time to do anything ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

oooh that touched a sore spot

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Smart phones are not smart at all they are basically pocket computers. I'm still not sure why we ended up with touch screens. OK for selecting stuff but a nightmare to enter data into. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

...the amazingly conned

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

And stupid people don't recognise rod speed.

Reply to
Richard

hate touch screens speshly on the FT991A which I sold fast .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Brian Gaff (Sofa) explained on 05/02/2022 :

That, is the only part of Smart I really hate..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Much easier if you use a stylus. I keep a pen with one on the end with me when I go out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News