Screwfix numpties

Do you want to fry with that?

Reply to
John Rumm

Didn't think ammonia did much more than make your eyes water. B-)

Oh that sort of use. yes it does have it's uses. Ages since I've had any need for it though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's certainly beyond the wit of Screwfix. Their product suggestions range from the imcomprehensible to the completely bizarre.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

...and 40' long?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Which is fine as they were being sold by weight.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

How dare you question the abilities of Screwfix staff. I had a young lady 18 ish, refuse me service at electricfix or whatever their other outlet was.

No City & Guilds

No JIB card

And being a qualified Electrical Engineer and a member of The Engineering Council with a budget that drops most wholesalers prices dramatically, I was quite impressed with her discretion at refusing to serve me.

With hindsight the damage I could have caused with a few 30A junction boxes worries me deeply.

Thank god for Donny Osmond fans, or whatever the other acne ridden immature cheapo's staff are into now.

I'll stick to Newey & Eyre or similar. The odd item may be a little eye watering and the service is slow but at least you do not have to flash your O level in woodwork to get served. They also tend to have fully developed mammary glands which would be quite alluring if they were not male :-(

HN

Reply to
Archibald

I shall tell Amy at my Newey & Eyre branch that you think that she is a bloke and that she is taking her time when servicing her customers.

Reply to
ARW

ITYM 'serving customers' BICBW

Owain