Hozelock O-rings

Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose fittings? I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own. Thanks, Al

Reply to
Al, Cambridge, UK

Check out item nos 190100328885 on Ebay.

Reply to
luke58

I don't know whether they would fit but I imagine that they would, Poundland sell Hozelock compatable fittings that could be robbed of their O-rings.

We actually found that the Poundland spray attachment was far better than the Hozelock piece of junk.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Take off an existing, good O ring & take it to your local bolt supplier - they'll have packets of 20 or so for less than the 'official' kits.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

Cue Ronnie Barker...

Reply to
Mike Barnes

That reminds me of a colleague many years ago wanting ONE fibre washer for some sort of project kit he was building for one of his kids. All he could get (locally) was a packet of about 200 assorted washers. I think he threw away about 199 of them...

It's a bit like those bubble-wrapped cards of 100 or so mixed button cells from the 'pound shop' type of place. You could probably only need 3 or 4% of them - a superb bit of marketing.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I bought one the other weak, cos I needed one row for refurbishing stop watches. If I don't use any more, and they last a few months, it's saved £6:50 over my usual supplier.

Reply to
<me9

O rings are made to British Standard but I can't remember which number. Measure the diameter of the rubber and the ID of the ring then go to a hydraulic supplier. They will identify which you want for very little money.

John

Reply to
John

No, but I contacted Hozelock a couple of years ago and they sent me 1/2 a dozen gratis

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

In article , Al, Cambridge, UK writes

RS part no 689-653 does the job, that's BS111 size, i/d 7/16", o/d 5/8",

3/32" material
£2.45+vat per 50.
Reply to
fred

replying to fred, 3axis wrote: I tried the dimensions you mention, 3/32 is too small, BS111 is 10.77mm ID x

2.62mm cross section. I have ordered some from ebay and some 11mm x 2.5mm, I will try to remember to report back which fits best but measurements I did of a hozelock copy was 11mm x 2.55mm so it should be the BS111. I contacted sealsuppliesuk who is an ebay seller and they were extremely helpful and I bought one listing of 10 nitrile o-rings in one size and they said the would send me 5 of each size to try them, they also offered to determine the correct size if I posted the hozelock one to them.
Reply to
3axis

I got mine off eBay.

A semi-useful tip. We have a Hozelock reel with, of course, a water inlet on the side and an inner outlet for the inner end of the hose. There is a third connector - the 'keeper' for the flapping end of the reeled-up hose. I nicked the O-ring off there to use until the spares arrived from eBay.

Reply to
Bob Eager

replying to 3axis, 3axis wrote: I have tried them now, the BS111 (10.77mm x 2.62mm) seems to be an exact replacement for the hozelock ones and the nitrile rubber is more chemical resistant that the normal rubber ones.

Reply to
3axis

good idea, the spare worked fine, many thanks

Reply to
paulishtall
2016? Is Dr who in town? Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff

I had a problem with a Hozelock pressure sprayer. The large 'O' ring in the joint between the handle and the body no longer was efffective. I contacted Hozelock about a spare and they told me at 9 years old they no longer carried spares. W.T.F. I cured it with a smear of grease.

Reply to
billyorange007

Hozelock O' rings are a pain they leak after a very short time so I purchased some oversized O'rings from simplybearings.co.uk a pack of 10 3mm x 10.5 mm cost £4.85 They fit very tightly and never leak

Reply to
stevegu16

Reply to
ron.s.giles

Reply to
The Other John

It's as valid today as it was in 2007. I've replaced one hozelock o-ring this summer and found another one that needed doing today.

Reply to
Pancho