Garden tap thread size

I want to buy a hose pipe to attach to the outdoor tap at my new house. Thread size measures up at about 30mm o/d and a tad less than 2mm pitch which doesn't seem to be any normal BSP size. Is this a standard metric thread for garden taps?
--
Dave Baker

Dave Baker wrote:

All plumbing threads are still imperial afaik 7/8" BSP = standard thread to be found on 22mm compression fittings if that helps knock up an adaptor.
Bob
On Thursday 23 May 2013 11:57 Dave Baker wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Usually 3/4" BSP but I have seen a 1" BSP - could that be yours?

On Thu, 23 May 2013 11:57:38 +0100, Dave Baker wrote:

In the sheds what you can buy will fit... I thought they where 3/4" BSP but thinking about it that is the same a washing machine conector which is smaller, so 1" BSP.
Wikipedia has 1" BSP as 11 threads/inch 1.309 inches dia (2.309 and 33.249 mm). Have you measured yours or just eyeballed it?
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 23/05/2013 19:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:

AFAIK all garden taps are 3/4" BSP, as are all HPC inlet threads.

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Knowing the OP reputation as a precision engineer, I'd assumed his measurements to be reasonably accurate. About 30mm o/d and less than 2mm pitch stacks up with 7/8" BSP x 14tpi. Bob
On 23/05/2013 21:38, Bob Minchin wrote:

Don't think you will ever find one :-)
IN 30+ years of selling pressure washers I've never come across one that didn't have a 3/4" bsp male thread for the inlet connection. The Hozelock tap connectors fit them & the tap.

That may be true, indeed there is no reason to doubt your experience, but there are 7/8" threaded objects:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Rod

in my travels around europe in a motorhome, i came across loads of different tap connections,
in france it seem'd popular to have 2 taps side by side fed from a large bore pipe, one would be the standard 3/4 fitting for 1/2 inch hosepipe, the other would be the next size up, used with 3/4 inch hosepipe,
difference in flow was fantastic, could fill the 150 litre tank up in about half the time with a 3/4 inch length of hose,
I collected a load of adaptors over time, so i could connect to almost any tap i found, the one that got me was in scotland, service station in aviemore, sized slightly larger than 3/4, but smaller than any of the larger adaptors i had, used the back up of the rubber cuf and jubilee clip to connect to it in the end.
replying to The Medway Handyman, bond wrote: I finally solved *my* outdoor tap conundrum. 5/8 BSP.
On 01/08/2016 18:44, bond wrote:

It is customary to quote sufficient of the thread to supply the context of your your reply.
All we see here is your reply, since the other posts to this thread are 3 years old and long gone.
On 01/08/2016 18:54, Fredxxx wrote:

He told you that the thread was 5/8 BSP - what more do you want? <g>
--
Cheers,
Roger
On Thursday, 23 May 2013 22:30:58 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=7/8+bsp+tap+connector&tbm=shop&spd 948998257492906272

You're right. Seems to be a bastard size which no one stocks anything for. Might be easier to change the whole damn tap than try and connect a hose to it. Arse.
--
Dave Baker

On Friday, 24 May 2013 09:43:18 UTC+1, Dave Baker wrote:
ws:knlugh$k1u$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me... > Dave Liquorice wrote: >> On Thu, 23 May 2013 11:57:38 +0100, Dave Baker wrote: >> >>> I want to buy a hose pipe to attach to the outdoor tap at my new house. >>> Thread size measures up at a bout 30mm o/d and a tad less than 2mm pitch >>> which doesn't seem to be an y normal BSP size. >> >> In the sheds what you can buy will fit... I though t they where 3/4" BSP >> but thinking about it that is the same a washing m achine conector which >> is smaller, so 1" BSP. >> >> Wikipedia has 1" BSP as 11 threads/inch 1.309 inches dia (2.309 and >> 33.249 mm). Have you meas ured yours or just eyeballed it? >> > Knowing the OP reputation as a precis ion engineer, I'd assumed his > measurements to be reasonably accurate. > A bout 30mm o/d and less than 2mm pitch stacks up with 7/8" BSP x 14tpi. > Bo b You're right. Seems to be a bastard size which no one stocks anything for . Might be easier to change the whole damn tap than try and connect a hose to it. Arse. -- Dave Baker
I have the same problem, but it's at an allotment site where I don't own th e tap, I just want to attach my hose to it. Did you ever find a solution?
Hozelock recommended I buy their 5/8" attachment - I think in metric so it took me a few beats to work this one out - hey, isn't 5/8 smaller than the 3/4 Hozelock one that I told them was TOO SMALL?

to change the whole damn tap than try and connect a hose to it. Arse. -- Dave Baker

Yes, if indeed what you had was 3/4" BSP. But bear in mind that the *actual* size of 3/4 BSP is 1.041" (about 26.5mm). If the *actual* size of the fitting you had was about 3/4" in diameter, could it have been 1/2" BSP - whose size is 0.825" (just under 21mm)?
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 23/05/2013 11:57, Dave Baker wrote:

BSP *is* a standard metric thread in Britain. 7/8" BSP is 30.201mm OD x 1.814 pitch, but it is a very odd size to have on a tap. Most are 3/4" BSP.
Colin Bignell

I have garden taps installed between 1977 and last summer. 3 different threads are involved.
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
replying to Dave Baker, homerman wrote: I made a 7/8 bsp female thread to 3/4 bsp male thread adaptor to suit hoselock connectors also made 7/8 bsp female thread to hoselock quick release connector both work very well I may sell if anyone is interested
replying to homerman, jazmann wrote: Can you upload a photo? Or describe how you made the adapter. If you put it up on ebay I might buy one from you if its difficult