What size thread on the HD chimney brush rods?

Do they use the 1/4" or the 3/8" threads on the typical black fibreglass chimney rods at home depot? I want to order a brush. I think its quite large so I'd go for the 3/8 but I don't reallt remember (I'm at work now so I can't check).

I presume I need an 11x11" brush for a chimney that size? No need to go any larger is there?

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
dean

given those choices, they must be NPT. And they are typically 1/4".

WHAT "that size"??? If your flue is an 11x11 then that's the size you need. If it is a 8" round, then THAT is the size you need.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Do you have any nuts or bolts you could try on for size? Taking unit to hardware store should help you find the right size thread.

Reply to
franz frippl