Salvage wall tile

First time retiling a bathroom and I think I screwed up. I have about

18" of tile I put in above my soaking tub. The Lowes guy gave me 1/4" spacers for the tile. I have the tile up (not grouted yet) and I'm thinking the spacing is too big. So...I think I want to remove the tile, replace the cement board and start over using 1/8" spacers. Is there any way to salvage these tiles?
Reply to
The Other Mike

No, just be thankful you made the decision to demo/doover at 18 inches instead of at 7 feet.

Reply to
RickH

Oh, it's _possible_, but probably not worth the effort unless they're very expensive tile.

You can use a wire wheel on a grinder to remove the mastic if it has hardened. If not yet hard, depends on what base it was (water or not) as to appropriate solvent.

Of course, you'll probably have to redo the wall again, too, in order to have a sufficiently flat and prepared surface to reinstall over...

--

Reply to
dpb

Yeah...decided to just start from scratch and gut everything...the tile wasn't too expensive. Live and learn I guess...just glad I hadn't done more then that before I realized it wasn't right.

Reply to
The Other Mike