Outside Tap Screw Thread

A relative has an outside tap - about 25 years old. A modern hoselock fitting is too big for it - and the supplied reducing bush is too small.

My local shop told me that there are only two sizes and the adaptor / full size should be all that is needed. Clearly not.

Any suggestions? (other than changing the tap - I don't have the time or inclination - such tasks at the house seem to escalate into major projects.) Is there a further size version that I need to be seeking and am likely to find?

Reply to
john

See the thread of the 18th May Re Hose Connection Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

The standard hozelock is 3/4" bsp and the adaptor is 1/2" bsp. Given the age of the tap and that it seems between the two, it could be 5/8" bsp although I've never come across one - ever. I doubt you will find one either.

Take a look at

this may be your only option - or change the tap - not difficult.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

if its 5/8" BSP then get a 5/8 union & 5/8 to 1/2 reducing nipple .... a right codge, but it might avoid replacing the tap

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff