CU change...

from TLC:

"Note the Wylex NM1106 balcony consumer unit has been discontinued replaced by the NM L consumer unit range. The biggest change with these consumer un its is they now accept the Wylex miniature MCB's and RCBO's. There are also some impressive style, design and safety improvements.

Wylex miniature MCB's and RCBO's are easier to install, they are smaller so allowing with more wiring space. Safer because the RCBO's now incorporate a switch neutral as standard, this will also saves time and money during in stallation resistance testing. Great news for landlords."

Does this mean they won't take the older mcbs/rcbos, or will they?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Now you mention it I did have a compatibility issues with a Wylex MCB and RCBO at a job last month. I am sure I took photos.

This was a new DB and the RCBO fitted (old but unused stock), that was blowing as it was only 6A, so I tried to swap it for an MCB and that would not fit. I then found another MCB that did fit. It was the size of the prong on the new DB bus bar that is bigger than the old type (although Wylex also do a third type of bus bar)

I'll have a look for the photos.

Reply to
ARW

No photos of the CU as this was inside the prison.

Plenty of photos of the working car park lights on the outside.

Reply to
ARW

not good news

as long as they let you out :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

And you didn't want to borrow one of the prisoners' phones considering how it would probably have been smuggled in :)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Handy blokes those prisoners.

I snapped my security bit to get the socket fronts off. The two pronged type of screwdriver bit.

One of them made me a "new one" with a toothbrush handle and a cig lighter.

Reply to
ARW

Its quite easy to heat up a bit of plastic and push it into a screw to undo. It tends not to work for stiff screws though.

Reply to
dennis

Had a lock down last month and I could not get out for 4 hours because someone had "broken in". That could only happen in Doncaster.

Give Wylex tech support a call and let us know what they say.

Reply to
ARW

done.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I would do it but as you might have noticed I am not allowed to take my phone into work ATM.

Now Wylex had two main bus bars.

One was a single prong per MCB and fitted into the rear terminal of the MCB.

The other bus bar was double pronged and fitted just behind the terminal screw of the MCB.

I am pretty sure the new bus bar is single pronged and has a wider prong.

Reply to
ARW