Replacement bath tap

I need to replace a bath mixer tap which has a shower attachment. This particular one come in three parts. There are two "tails" bolted to the bath, with the main tap bolted to these. The two tails are on 155 mm centres, so it would be easy to get a shower mixer to fit on in place of the tap part. However, I want the option of filling the bath too.

Does anyone follow what I am wittering on about and know where I can get what I want and what it's called, please?

Reply to
GB

There are a few to go at here! Don't know whether any have separate tails - but does that matter as long as the centres are correct?

Roger Mills

I haven't explained it well. The two parts bolted to the bath are pipes that come out of the bath and turn a right angle forwards. I then want something to attach to those. Something life

Only not so damn expensive!

It's described as deckmounted. What does that mean?

Reply to
GB

I think what I have are not called tails, but bath legs.

It looks like this.

I just want to unbolt it at the joins and replace without crawling around under the bath.

Reply to
GB

Deckmounted AFAIK means they are mounted directly to the bath vai two holes.

I don't think you can. They all seem to come complete with the legs, never seen anything else.

Reply to
David Lang

You can buy the legs and tap part separately in some places. For example:

I've got a bar shower mixer spare, and I'll try that. If the spacing of the legs matches up and the threads are okay, I'll be able to get something more suitable later.

Reply to
GB