Re: OT: And remoaners don't believe we've been hoodwinked.

Erm, because I have a life?

Ah, so you could be a Judge if you fancied I guess?

And all these words will be fact will they?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Whoosh ... (and don't lower yourself to that of bm or TNP FFS).

Ok, you keep referencing this document like it's been written by some omnipotent singularity who only spoke the truth.

How do you know just how much of it is fact ... or how much is simply someone trying to put across their opinion or on their own personal crusade?

Ok, for the hard of thinking (not reading obviously), someone makes some sort of accusation / prediction and because some of it seems to match said prediction, that's the prediction coming true?

Clairvoyant: "I'm getting a D .. does that mean anything to anyone ... ?"

Brexiteers: "Yes, D ... for Dad, I had a Dad, you are brilliant!"

So, like I said, you are obviously motivated by the document and so there *must* be one paragraph you have spotted that you think is pivotal to the whole thing and that would stand up against all other references and positives found in the same document?

I'm not interested in doing so because I'm not the one setting it up as some sort of Doomsday Book.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, you said.

How do you know? Ok, let's assume you are right and that document reveals *beyond any shadow of doubt* what you are choosing to take from it yourself, I *would* be willing to assess that amongst *all* the other factors and come to my own conclusion.

Again, that all depends on who that 'anyone else' is? If it's a fanatical Brexiteer (or fanatical Remainer for that matter), the chances are I won't (for obvious reasons). If it was someone I know, respect and trust and who knows, is interested and understands more of it that I, then that might be different.

Ok, a quiz for you ... what do you think it would have to be to 'suit me'?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

does he havbe the Latin?

Reply to
charles

T i m expressed precisely :

Now I remember why I permanently ploinked you years ago - your arguments were circular and endless. Welcome back to my filter.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Good question (I'm guessing 'no'). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oooh, I don't think I've ever been 'ploinked' before! ;-)

Aww, sorry you were confused.

Classic Brexiteer, can't actually backup your own arguments / claims so run away. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

He's Harry Worth reincarnated.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If I did explain it to you you wouldn't understand.

Of the irony. Take a look back and see all the OT bs you post here ...

There is no way my Mrs would ever lower herself to reading anything any of the fanatics wrote here, especially you.

What, another? I'm hoping it's by someone reputable and neutral this time?

And WhoTF is she and why would I take any notice of anything she wrote?

Ah, makes sense, no wonder you follow her! ;-)

Not impossible, just more likely done with fact than the propaganda, especially the stuff you seem to lap up.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

bm has brought this to us :

That will not satisfy him, he will announce that Lara Deauville has written a biased report of the document to suit her own ends, yet he remains too lazy to read the original document for himself. He is beyond any help.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I was one of those that wanted to go in at the time, and the developments since were exactly what I wanted and expected. With the possible exception of the scale of Eastern European enlargement which came as a welcome surprise.

The document is a bit on the cynical side, but nothing in it comes particularly as a surprise to me, and wouldn't really have come as a surprise at the time.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

The problem with people on a crusade is they *assume* everyone is like them and willing to latch onto an old comment made by people unknown and consider it gospel.

To come to a well reasoned decision one would have to not only read the entire document but to be able to put weighting on each of the contributors (be they individuals or groups) and then consider that against every other factor that was involved.

I appreciate Harry and the other Brexiteers have enough time to scrape such historic documents, looking for some snippet that may or may not even be tangible today, but I don't.

So, what authority *does* Laura Deauvill have on any of this (whoever she is)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The problem is (for you and the other Brexiteers), is every time you try, you demonstrate just how stupid and childish you are. ;-(

Remember, I'm not the one wasting my life scraping the barrel and clutching at straws with all this Brexit hype as I have a life to live. ;-)

But you carry on with your little games as I'm enjoying making you look stupid!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And that's the exact thing I was trying to put across to Harry, but he either didn't want to hear or didn't understand.

All I could see were 'people', many years ago, having their view on what might happen?

I'm surprised they aren't also dragging up every 'The world is going to in xxxx years' stories. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m