Quality at Lidl and Aldi

They also know that the ASDA cheap stuff is better than the Tesco/Sainsbury cheap stuff. In fact its quite often lower in fat than the not so cheap stuff.

Reply to
dennis

In article , tim..... writes

*nods*

Same here. I found the quality of stuff in German Aldis and Lidls to be far higher then in British stores. Mind you, that applies to just about anything you buy in Germany - they seem to place a very much higher emphasis on quality (i.e. we Brits get the s**te.)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

and Lidl is upmarket Netto !

I'm yet to find anything lower than Netto.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I cannot speak for that item, but every "value" product that I have ever bought has been noticeably (sometimes, very) less good than the "normal" product. OTOH, I couldn't "taste the difference" with the expensive version.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Strange. They also sell plenty UK brands too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Strangely enough my interpretation of the OP's post was teh exact opposite and a quick scan of eth article confimrs that But it could have bene better put... but Kevins post was an even worse example of posting without any appreciation for the readers understanding.

cheers

DAvid

Reply to
DM

The meat advertised in the back of the Daily Sport? :-))

Reply to
Bob Eager

Tesco Express?

Reply to
Alan

Them's posh compared with Costcutter. :-)

BTW - Anyone notice that virtually all our supermarket chains have an 'S' in their names - and those that don't usually have a soft-C that sounds S-like (e.g. Centro) or are part of the Co-op? Exceptions being the euro-chains - Aldi, Lidl and Netto - and oddities like Filco and Heron.

Reply to
Rod

Do you mean "UK Leading Brands"?

I can't say that I've ever seen any. I'll check tomorrow (it's too late today)!

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In message , tim..... writes

A bit like basing the quality of beer on the quantity of alcohol on it

Reply to
geoff

of the food chain.

mark

Reply to
mark

information on the 'rubbish' that is sold in *your* favourite store - go on, I dare you!

As it is, you have picked on one item - and I know for a fact that the quality of the goods at both Aldi and Lidl on non big-branded stuff far outstrips those of the major stores in this country - and in fact, is of a better quality than many branded goods that rely solely on their 'big' names to sell their sugar filled, over-salted, mechanically recovered rubbish that's also full of hydrogonated fats.

And Aldi and Lidl are a far better quality, cheaper and gaining customers because of that - and that's why the major supermarkets are dropping their prices on many of their products to compete with them.

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever

Some of you lead such exciting lives ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff wrote

Quality beer has a well known brand name, Greene King, Bud, Kingfisher etc.

Reply to
Alan

Pepsi Cola & Coca Cola are both stocked (but still dearer than my Local Asda by 50p) I think they would class as leading brands

Reply to
Kevin

You mean theres another way?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

snake testicles?

Reply to
Kevin

So what are you saying? You can't go shopping if you have a lisp?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In article , geoff writes

Exactly. I'm always surprised by the people I meet, many of whom are highly educated (doctors and the like), who think the %age of alcohol in a drink is a measure of its quality.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson