Praise where praise is due.

The 12-week interval isn't absolute even now. My wife just booked her appointments and the interval was 11 weeks.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

Dunno if it applies to all the vaccines. Everyone I know of round here has had the Pfizer one, and had to wait before leaving.

I was given a printed card (credit card sized) which gave the date and type - with room for the details of the second one.

Quite. The near 100,000 dead just false news.

Had an interesting discussion with a neighbour recently who reckons there is no point in having the vaccine unless both doses are given within the 'maker's' times. But then he doesn't think masks work either. He was also against having his kids vaccinated against the usual childhood diseases. So I'd guess just anti everything.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News
<snip>

Yes, I was listening to the news yesterday and I heard them discussing the thoughts re the efficacy not being as they first / currently, assumed / suggested and a shorter interval (by a fair bit) was likely to be 'better'.

The thing is, it's all likely to be a lot of best guess, especially the ability to actually roll out Phase 1 to enough of the population in the timescale's required etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Mine is 11 weeks and 4 days.

Reply to
charles
<snip>

It might be that then. *Everyone* being done that I saw just walked straight off / got in their cars etc.

Maybe the risk of trying to provide somewhere to hold everyone (Covid) safely outweighs the risk of the odd person having an allergic reaction?

<snip>

Ah, as did she ... and it was left on the floor of the car (she didn't tell me if they had said anything about why she was given it so we have left it in the car for now) but it makes sense.

<snip>

Yup, and just in the UK.

But to say that you would gave to understand how, why and when they would work and when they wouldn't. It's all about making the least effort (/cost / inconvenience) for the greatest return (in advantage).

I had 3d printed a visor frame but daughter had the plastic sheets and

4 hole punch (ironic after we had made and given away nearly 100 visors to the local shops / Surgery / Hospices) and we didn't get it all sorted in time.

I tried to explain to the Mrs that the face masks would go some way to preventing her from infecting someone else (especially if she should cough or sneeze) and the visor might help a bit stopping anyone infecting her. Given we have been self isolating (well, all pretty much as normal / desired by me <g>) since March, the chances are we would be the ones 'at risk'.

This is back to the thought that if you don't do what's generally considered right for *everyone*, you shouldn't be given the same priority as everyone, should 'your way' go wrong.

Or 'Pro Pandemic' ... and gaining resistance to other potentially debilitating / lethal diseases. I wonder if he also drives without a safety belt (or for his kids), smokes, voted for Brexit ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'd wait until you actually get the second one. It might change. If supplies come through faster, no reason not to move them closer. Or the other way round.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Yes. We were given a sticky label to wear with the allowed exit time hand written.

Card to make sure we get the same jab next time but no actual booking.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

....perhaps he is delusional and has a god.

Reply to
jon