Praise where praise is due.

Don't be negative, I'm sure you'll live.

Reply to
AnthonyL

My local doctor's practice (6 doctors, one permanent pharmacist, and around 4 to 6 nurses) seems to be very well run. Record keeping is done there and then on computers, until very recently appointment could be made on line, repeating prescriptions and viewing of test results can still be done on line, notification of flu jabs come through in a timely manner, they will send sms text reminders of appointments etc.

The administration and record keeping in the local hospital is somewhat different where the right hand often doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Record keeping and admin seems to be paper based with the records only being consigned to the computer many months afterwards. In my mother's case they couldn't find any record of her two week stay in the same ward 9 months previously. The only thing they seem to have managed is test results for routine tests (blood/urine etc.) are actually sent back electronically to the GP practice in a timely manner. Other communication back to the GP seems to be by letter.

Over the years I've had appointments for yearly check-up in strangely empty and underused NHS buildings. Some of these buildings have been (and still are) in what was once prime high street locations but over the past decade now in pound shop domain indicating a dying high street. I do wonder if the NHS has negotiated lower rents?

Reply to
alan_m

dont think the army needs experts in logistics now, there are more people at a cup final.

Reply to
critcher

Apart from the 15+million high risk people who will already had their second jab delayed by the time any meaningfull new study results are available.

One problem with any study would be that the fist jab will/may not be effective until 14 to 21 days after it is administered which is the time that previous studies/trials have suggested that the second/booster jab is required.

So ignore the first 3 weeks of data because people are not fully protected (to the extent that the vaccine can achieve)

Continue from week 3 in January to monitor the million or so people who have had the first jab. Wait another 10 days for people to develop symptoms from catching the virus after week 3. Monitor the number of people hospitalised or die from the group in the next few weeks. Calculate if this is an expected number based on the vaccine being only X% effective. Perhaps exclude those with current serious medical conditions who may have died anyway.

You may find that we are now into March! How many vaccinations has the government said will be performed in that time?

Reply to
alan_m

Taking notice of Turnip's views on administration seems to me rather flawed. Given he is a failed businessman living in poverty in his old age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Given how fast the various vaccines were developed, it's not going to be possible to give exact figures on how much difference delaying the second jab will make. However, if the vaccine is in limited supply, it might well make sense to give more a high degree of protection than half the number the very best. And, of course, if supplies turn out to be speedier than anticipated, the extra jab can then be given sooner.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It was 20+ years ago that an RAF officer observed to me that it would be possible to fit all the RAF into Cardiff Arms Park.

Reply to
charles

Why would we have african americans.

Reply to
jon

T&T was always going to fail because Bluetooth is not a reliable method of measuring separation. In countries where it appeared to be successful it was backed up with GPS tracking.

Reply to
bert

Imagine the logistical expertise required to send troops/aircraft/ships into a combat zone. Way ahead of organising a few thousand flu vaccines. The average squaddy is not involved with logistics other than being on the receiving end.

Reply to
bert

Well they do have some medical training.

Reply to
bert

That's the Ryanair ones.

Reply to
bert

NHS is now by far the biggest remaining users of fax.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

The logistical effort is in getting the supplies from the manufacturer then distributed out to the centres and then ensuring the local GPs or whatever have the right number at the right time across the whole of the UK.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Oh but you do. You need diversity training and confrontational training etc etc.

Reply to
bert

And play the "We've done more than you" childish game.

Reply to
bert

  • thousands.
Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@brattleho.plus.com>, Ian Jackson snipped-for-privacy@g3ohx.co.uk> writes

It'll be too f****ng late then if it does.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Risk/reward. Supposing it turns out to be ineffective with the 2nd jab at 12 weeks. Playing with fire for a few fleeting headlines of we've don more than them variety.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Fred snipped-for-privacy@hotnail.com writes

Polio is on the brink.