Praise for another fine vendor

Greetings, I thanked the Fedex driver and turned eagerly to open the package. Lifted off the lid of my new Ice Bear 10000 grit waterstone and gazed at TWO waterstones. One large and pentagonal, one small and triangular. Bummer. Fedex musta wanted to see if they could make a crater like NASA's.

Called the 800 number for Tools for Working Wood. A replacement stone is on its way.

So, kudos to another vendor who does it right. (Well, maybe they could use larger boxes and more popcorn...) Best of all, TfWW has some items that LV doesn't. I don't have to decide which of two good stores I should buy from. (Ye$, I realize the downside to that situation.) Fun website, too.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Kinda interesting DAGS on Ice Bear 10,000 Grit Waterstone and I got

Highland hardware ... and

DAGS "Tools for Working Wood" and got

wonder if they insure ... thats an expensive stone

Reply to
Joey

Yah. Bent my crowbar. But the previous page in the hardcopy catalog lists Shapton stones. The Ice Bear doesn't look so bad in comparison...

While you're looking at Museum of/Tools for, check out the "Horse Butt strop."

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Australopithecus scobis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@die.spammer.die:

Repeat after me: "It's going to be an heirloom."

Reply to
patriarch