Seasons Greetings

Seasons greetings to all, whatever it means to you.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Personally ?

- relatives I don't particulary get on with, or want to see.

In particular, i've managed to not see my mother for a whole 12 months (sadly not my record !) :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Echoed here!

Reply to
Appin

Happy Christmas. :)

Reply to
Mogga

It means being given a santa hat to wear at work, and a fridge stocked full of Tesco's half-prix quick-sale reductions.

And some truly, truly hideous tat being sold off cheap on QVC.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mogga wrote:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make this planet great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

==

Bah... whoever originally wrote that nonsence needs shooting

Merry Christmas to all!!

Reply to
Adrian C

Ditto from me...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Likewise.

And the days are drawing out again......

Reply to
The Wanderer

And me.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Me as well.

Nursing a hangover from too much port last night, Ah well start as you mean to go on

Reply to
Bazza

I've been drinking port all week in an attempt to clear the backlog a bit. Three or four years' worth of other peoples' corporate presents passed on to us. Pissing with rain and the cat's just been sick under the Xmas tree...

Reply to
Stuart Noble

A backlog to me is what I bought the day before. And what's with it with cats? my adopted one (it adopted me not me it) has just pewked up in the chair and won't go out because its raining.

Reply to
Bazza

They're good at that, aren't they? Presumably it's right at the back where it's difficult to reach. Then there's the collection of decorations removed from the tree and batted around the floor.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ours is a bit old to be disruptive, but he knows his routine is under threat and has decided to sit in a corner and face the wall. I might join him, and finish off the port

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Have you read The Silent Miaow by Paul Gallico?

All is explained in there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ditto the ditto from me.

Reply to
David in Normandy

Hmm. 1964. I'll try the library

Reply to
Stuart Noble

That'll help stick the needles to the carpet...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How could you tell?