A merry Chrimbo to all

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

and the same to you.

Reply to
DJC

and the same to you.

(raises glass of whisky and munches mince pie)

Reply to
DJC

+1
Reply to
harry

In message , David Lang writes

07.26 Christmas Day here, and all is quiet, apart from R2 in the background. We're sipping our 3rd cuppa and enjoying the quiet before son wakes :-)

Happy Christmas all!

Reply to
News

+1
Reply to
Bod

And I have just got in.

I have a massive hangover.

Merry Christmas everyone

Reply to
ARW

+1
Reply to
Bod

In message , Tricky Dicky writes

Christmas is not something I celebrate as it also makes me a year older:-(

However, that is no reason to spoil the fun for others!

Happy Christmas.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Neither do we. Not religious, no kids about and don't fall into the commercial traps. So, no tree, no decorations, no cards no presents, no 'special food' (we eat turkey when we feel like it ) and no stress. ;-)

Quite, if it works for you (and I know for many it's an opportunity to get the family together ) then go for it. ;-)

Seasons greetings. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Blimey! Sun's not even over the yardarm yet. But yes, rollick in family conflicts in a warm alcoholic haze y'all.

And remember this was the midwinter feast long before Christ came along..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's past 1015 and both sons still in bed.

The rest of us have been up about 2.5 hours!

Happy Christmas everyone.

Reply to
Bob Eager

TBH I was in bed when I gave the gf her Christmas present at 7am.

Reply to
ARW

;-)

Funnily, most > all of the family I see are actually fine (I can't comment about those I don't get to see or know about etc) and I can't think of a single member I've ever had a run-in or even cross word with (we just aren't like that on either side). However, 'you can choose you friends but you can't choose your family' but you can (or should be able to) choose who and when you congregate with any of them (well I can and do anyway). ;-)

Who? And the strange (relatively recent) habit of cutting down a living tree and killing it indoors ... and that 'stranger' (now wearing Pepsi Cola red) we force our kids to sit on the lap of and lie to them about for how many years ... ? ;-(

And (apparently, the Mrs opened them) I / we have already been given some presents by someone who knows full well that we will not be giving any in return and I'm guessing they don't consider how that may make us / me feel?

Whilst the pleasure is 'in the giving', there are times that the receiving isn't so nice.

But 'hey ho' (or is is 'Ho ho ho'?), let's all join in the (commercial) spirit of Xmyth. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Looking forward to telly and 'life' getting back to normal. ;-)

Reply to
T i m

[10 lines snipped]

Good man. We're much the same, except we usually have a tree and a good feed up (those being 'proper' traditions, rather than something stolen by the God-botherers from the earlier pagan midwinter festival). But we've not bothered with a tree this year, being in the middle of moving house.

QISmaS Quch Daghajjaj.

Reply to
Huge

Why? You're retired now. I didn't get up until 10:00am, I'm still not dressed and we've just had champagne & orange juice and egg&bacon sandwiches for breakfast.

QISmaS Quch Daghajjaj

Reply to
Huge

Knickers to that. We bought our present tree about 10 years ago at a tree farm near Cambridge. Dug it up, in fact. And it's been replanted and redug up for the last 10 years. It'll prolly do about another year before it'll be too tall to bring in. Then it'll get a permanent home in the garden.

Meanwhile, Seasons Grittings to one and all.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I wonder why the God botherers didn't nick the summer solstice as well? Or is it Easter and they got the dates wrong?

Reply to
David Lang