Help plumbing pipe connection

How do I connect the waste pipe from the corner unit to the waste pipe? I assume I need a knurled nut to connect at the sink end (can I buy seperately? where?) At the waste pipe, it swivels down to be made horizontal (after cutting to size) assuming again I would get a 90 degree connector would this be glued on or threaded nut connector. Is there an easier way eg some sort of flexi push fit connector.

Image:

ss

Would you be better off with an 'S' trap?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Having gone to your link I may go for the compact trap as I want the trap as high as possible in the vanity unit, so leaving more usable space.

Reply to
ss

Yes he would. The one originally shown is for use when the waste pipe goes straight out from the trap through a wall. As S type is for connecting to a vertical waste pipe.

The Wickes one shown above says that it is suitable for push fit or solvent weld pipes[1], which means that it will have a bungy rubber compression fitting at the end which can accommodate a range of pipe sizes.

[1] Pipe diameters for push fit and solvent weld, although nominally the same, are actually different by a couple of millimetres or so to prevent the wrong type of fittings being used with a particular pipe. Compression fittings are a special case. and will work with either type of pipe.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Or pedestal trap from most suppliers

alan_m

In message , ss writes

Is the waste pipe, really as wonky as it looks, or is that just because it's too long?

And do you know if it solvent weld or push fit pipe?

Reply to
Chris French

The waste pipe can swivel from vertical to horizontal, where it swivels from I reckon must be a push fit, some parts are solvent welded and some knurled nut joints, from where you see it in the image it is about 6 feet from there to the pipe stack. The pipe is too long, and my mind is to keep it vertical, trim to the correct length and then use a 90 degree joint to align it with the waste trap in the vanity unit.

I am only guessing as I am on a learning curve re plumbing. I am just trying to measure up before I start tiling the walls.

The waste pipe installation is what was there when I took out the old sink, I am installing a vanity unit hence it doesnt as yet line up. The u bend part on the vanity unit is what came off the old sink.

Reply to
ss

There are minimum water seal depths in the building regs depending on application.

Another solution for a "no height" trap is a HepVo waterless seal like this:

Tim Watts

The former give you two points to rotate the joints to meet-up with the pipework, didn't notice they also do this one which gives you three points to align it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks all for suggestions I will pay the plumbers merchants a visit next week and get something sorted out.

Reply to
ss

Often recommended is the basin mate which may provide a better seal between sink and waste than provided with the sink fittings

alan_m