Lowe's Closeout on Delta Equip.

I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the slots previously occupied by Delta's.

Reply to
RonB

Funny! A few years ago, they cleared out all their Jet tools to make room for Delta.

Reply to
AL

Whoever gives them the best deal at the end of the contract, I guess.

Reply to
TBone

"TBone" wrote in news:qB90d.3386$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Well, if Delta & Porter Cable are going to be owned by DeWalt and Black & Decker, then perhaps it makes good business sense for Lowe's to have some diversity in their supplier community.

Too many eggs in one basket, etc.

Reply to
patriarch

As long as they keep closing out and offering discounted prices, I'm happy!! I picked up the Delta 12" Drill Press on closeout sale for $139.00 (regular price $199). What a pleasure to have a good tool versus the off brand 7" cheapie that I had!!

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

I wouldn't get stuck on the Jet tools... Lowes will drop a product line at the drop of a hat. Delta isn't gone for good and Jet isn't there forever.

R> I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier

Reply to
Pat Barber

Maybe its my imagination, or a local phenomena, but it seems to me that menards prices on name brand tools now seem to regularly be lower then both HD and Lowes for the same items. They don't all stock the same things, but where there is overlap it seems that menards is consistently lower.

Do the rest of you see this as well? It seemed to me that a few years ago HD had the better prices, with Lowes the highest. Now it seems HD is the highest.

Could just be my imagination, or a few items that caught my glance.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Agreed on the line switching - but Lowe's carrying Jet is a good thing, IMHO. I *might* see price competition, and if they drop a line or bring in new models, I might see some great deals on Jet gear.

Reply to
patrick conroy

That's really not hard to believe.

Here in CT, we have two independents that always beat big box prices, Coastal Tool and Tools Plus. Both stores are directly across the street from Home Depot stores, and both were there long before the BORGs.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Hellluva buy. I paid full price for mine a few years back. Does a good job and you're going to enjoy it. I made a simple fence for mine, but one of these days I'll get around to making a full table for it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:IJt0d.10619$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

There's an ugly sink cutout C-clamped to mine. It was supposed to be temporary. It's been there since last December. As long as nobody's taking pictures for global publication, it may stay there for a while.

Reply to
patriarch

Usually, not always. Got some deWalt batteries at Home Depot a while back that were a good deal cheaper than the same battery from Coastal. And Coastal doesn't come close to beating the Lowes clearance prices on Delta.

Reply to
J. Clarke

In my area, it has been this way for as long as I can remember. Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking Menards is cheaper.

Reply to
AL

Jet and Delta are both good. Now if only HD will drop their Ridgid crap and start selling a real brand. Maybe they could work out a deal with Grizzly and start carrying their stuff.

Reply to
AL

I've never seen a Menard's.

Reply to
CW

Right now they are only in the Midwest. I don't know if they have any plans to expand to other states.

I prefer Menard's, then Lowe's, then HD.

Reply to
AL

Clearance prices are another story, which holds true for any store.

Tools-Plus cleared out non-X5 DJ-20's for $1099.

I'm local to Coastal, so I usually ask for matching on the rare occasion a normal price is different. If you're not local, that wouldn't make sense.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I heard that Black & Decker is buying out Delta and Porter Cable. Perhaps this will mean their resellers will change stock mix.

Reply to
mbrooks

That might be why I have unintentionally gravitated towards menards the last few years without even realizing it.

The other day I bought a set of folding table legs at menards. HD down the street had the same item, but was almost $3 more.

OTOH, HD seems to have a somewhat better grade of basic lumber, although that could also be my imagination.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Reply to
Bob Peterson