Praise for knife sharpener

It's rare that I have high praises for a product.

But this one fits the bill.

I have used it to sharpen every knife I have, from many poor quality ones to higher end knives.

It puts a very sharp edge on them all.

You don't have to mess around trying to get the right angle.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have high praise for things I sell too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Andy-

I seem to recall a discussion here about knife sharpeners a few months back. Your sharpener is like some mentioned there for less money.

One company that makes them is Smith's. Smith's has some inexpensive ones that compare with yours.

They also have some that are more elaborate. If you really want sharp, take a look at Smith's Adjustable Angle Manual Knife Sharpener.

You will probably find these for less money on E-Bay!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

True Value Hardware and a buncha other places, sells this:

They're cheap (>$10), effective, and re-newable. These carbide bit sharpeners, which literally shave off metal, are becoming more and more popular cuz they work!

I usta scoff at 'em. I've got mucho high-end kitchen knives and usta sharpen them on a Japanese water stone. Sure, the edge would last forever, but it took "forever" to sharpen a knife that well. Now, I bought a cheapo stamped chef's knife, sharpen it with my Accusharp and off I go. Works great!

The Accusharp carbide sharpening bits can be reversed, when need be. They are also completely replaceable, if necessary.

nb

Reply to
notbob