Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?

They have to be 180 degrees out of phase.

Reply to
dennis

Anybody who doesn't, hasn't got enough screwdrivers.

Reply to
Adrian

I prefer right handed ones.

Reply to
Bod

My favourite claw hammer is an Estwing, but that's always the one that strangely dissapears when working on a building site :-)

Reply to
Bod

In message , News writes

Our hinges are all coverd with multiple layers of pain anyway.

But yes, I'd use slotted screw on door furniture like handles and finger plates

Reply to
Chris French

You need oxygen free slots.

Reply to
dennis

I thought 100 years was the mark, so 1915 is now antique, but 1916 is not.

Still a quick web search reveals there seems to be no absolute definition beyond 'old, and desirable'

I guess that makes me one...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Death to all the slits!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I say, that's rather Slittist!

Reply to
Bod

Genuine LOL

Reply to
Adrian

It's not so easy to dig paint out of a pozidrive head when you want to undo it.

Reply to
charles

Yes, that's true.

Reply to
Bod

In an older house and on show? Yes. Where they don't show, Pozidriv.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd have thought if restopring something or wanted it to look old. it'd be like me restoring a WWI radio and sticking LEDs on it to help tuning .

Reply to
whisky-dave

AFAIK the whole of the UK uses 3 phase power....

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Trolls were never noted for having taste.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mr Macaw