Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?

+1

Rawlplug UNO rule!

Reply to
David Lang

Bad design. Nasty flat pack furniture from Argos will often have 5 or 6 different sizes of screws. Good design like IKEA rarely has more than 2.

Reply to
David Lang

Because No2 PZ will cover 3mm x 12mm to 5mm x 100 screws with one bit, Torx needs 3 different bits.

Reply to
David Lang

Good ol' Citroen. 11 and 14 everywhere, rather than 10, 13, 15. Still, at least they used nice standard 8mm M5s.

Reply to
Adrian

Sod what head they have. The screws provided with stuff are ALWAYS made of cheese.

Reply to
Adrian

30deg, rather than 45/90... You can turn it the other way...
Reply to
Adrian

10mm and 13mm are the "preferred" head sizes for "preferred" ISO thread sizes, so they're what _SHOULD_ be used by anybody.

M5 = 8mm M6 = 10mm M8 = 13mm

Reply to
Adrian

And it's that mild Tesco Value cheddar, not decent stuff either.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

No, loathe the things! About the only time I used them is for show work where you need to match brass hinges etc on cabinets.

Reply to
John Rumm

Shame they never work.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Also, I have various screwdrivers with pozi ends around the place I can grab if I just want to undo or do up a couple of screws. Pozi bits are pretty cheap compared to Torx so I'm more likely to have plenty around, and really Pozi is good enough for most situations.

Reply to
Chris French

But they were 100- years ago, and some of that stuff is worth fixing

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hang on, I asked this question a year or so ago in here, and was told by 50% of you that straight were preferred by carpenters, where carpenters could have been a different trade but I can't remember.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

25p too much for you to buy a torx bit?
Reply to
Mr Macaw

Along with Fischer.

And GripIts for plasterboard heavy duty applications.

DryLine Pro are very good for PB-Air-Block

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is that a 2CV? The BX and Xantias were more boringly conventional.

Reply to
Clive George

That kind of era. IIRC CXs and Gs were similar. I've not worked on Ds much.

Reply to
Adrian

Personally I always go for same torque.

Andy