Pile em high and ......

Tsk.

I guess this would be DIY shelving ?

The guy at Ikea said it would be fine.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Which reminds me, anyone with a long memory will remember the day most of Demon Internet went down due to the servers which at the time were upstairs in an old warehouse in London going straight through the floor. I hope they had insurance. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go immediately to the stories. I could not find it on the page,even though it was given the title in the newsgroup posts. Also no headings to use as ways to navigate the page, an accessibility failing of major proportions. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I wish they'd give the browser sufficient clues that they're going to insert a bank of adverts www by hhh pixels here and some clickbait www by hhh pixels there so the damned page isn't a wriggling mess for ages after it initially loads ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Cluttering is policy, because they get revenue every time someone accidentally clicks on an advert.

Reply to
newshound

uBlock Origin stops only 10 items - ThisisMoney can have 20+.

Reply to
PeterC

Get a Raspberry Pi and install Pi Hole on it......

Change your home netwoprk's DCHP server from the router to the Pi hole....

wave Bye bye to ads and trackers!

(my block list is currently at 2,808,871 domains and 47.3% of internet traffic is stopped by Pi Hole so it never reachs *any* of my devices and that includes the Smart TV's and all teh Rokus (Rokus are advert heavy, even more so that FireTV or ChromeStick.

Reply to
No Name

THis happened to the ground floor of a hospital in Cardiff that I once worked at.

The histology lab on the ground floor (suspended timber, being an old victorian building) kept all its glass slides in special slide filing cabinets which when full were *heavy*. One morning the lab staff came in and the cabinets were only half height, the lower half having gone through the floor into the crawl space.

Woodworm was soon diagnosed by the lab staff !.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew