[OT] Windows Movie Maker

I'm probably missing the obvious here. My version of W10 did not include Movie Maker, so I downloaded a copy from

and it works, but is a trial version with limited use. I can apparently buy the full version, but do I need to, given that I have already paid for W10? How do I tell my version of Movie Maker that I have already paid for Windows?

Reply to
Graeme

Bit of a risk downloading from somewhere else IMO. The site sez....

"Note: We are not affiliated with Microsoft. The windows movie maker software is also available on microsoft official site click here"

but is a trial version

Movie Maker is a microsoft dead product, support ended in January.

How about ...

Avid Media Composer | First (Free Video Editor)

Adrian Caspersz

Softpedia is, AFAIK, a reliable source:

Updated 19/7/17. Freeware.

Reply to
PeterC

Blooming PITA that they took it down. Simple but effective programme without a vertical learning curve.

Ta, though I have a sneaky feeling that is the later cut down buggered about with "Essentials" version rather than the earlier and useful "Live" one.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

try this

In linux its buggy and crashes a lot so save frequently, but it gets the job done

if you want to make an actual DVD then

works as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe something here for you:

Richard

I seem to have both the "Essentials" and "Live" versions. Both with the "please pay" dialogue on startup. However digging through the directory structure that dialogue appears just to be a wrapper aroound the unaltered(?) windows code. Run the windows code and you go straight into the program. I've yet to actually try and do anything in one of the directly run programs mind ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice