Measuring for Windows

How do I measure for windows. This is a nely built property. All the window openings are in place except things like internal plaster, Windows Boards, External cills. Does the frame sit on the Window boards/external cills?

Sidney

Reply to
SidKnee

You can do either (I am assuming upvc windows here) - either measure the actual opening or deduct ~5mm all round to get the size of the actual frame. Just make sure you tell the supplier if you have already made the deductions or not.

The frame usually sits on the external cill, which in my limited experience has a thickness of 30mm. So either subtract 30mm from your opening measurement, or remember to tell the supplier that your quoted size needs to include both the frame and the cill.

HTH

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)