OT: Unorthodox cat keeping

Why don't you look up the word "or" you might learn something.

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

Eh? How can it be defamation if it simply shows her actions?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did she put the cat in the bin?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Can you recycle cats?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ask in any kebab shop

Reply to
Harry

Dennis,

Adam's comment implies you have special needs.

Will you be suing him for defamation?

Is truth an absolute defence?

Reply to
mike

It's a shame when someone's lack of language skills forces them to resort to the ad hominem reply.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I really should fit a coffee-catching trough on the desk for posts such as that :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

nah, sue, sue, sue, sue...;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Why? are you implying that there is something wrong with people that have special needs?

Ask a lawyer, but probably not.

Reply to
dennis

Just my opinion of you based on stuff you have said in the past.

Reply to
dennis

Well Crimewatch gets away with it.

Or maybe the videos caption should be "Woman allegedly puts a cat into a wheelie bin"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

snipped-for-privacy@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

So if someone comes round to your house and pinches the wipers off your car would it be defamation if you to put the video on youtube in order to identify them?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hard put to identify a set of wiper blades from a video

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. You are claiming they are a thief but they have not been convicted.

It would also breach the DPA. You can only give it to the police, not youtube, you commit an offence by doing so.

Reply to
dennis

Not if the video caption was "who removed my wiper blades".

You are making things up again.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm afraid that, in theory, dennis is correct (but with his scattergun approach, it was bound to happen eventually).

In practice, the police are just glad of the help; certainly round here. They're not worried what happens to the video..

Reply to
Bob Eager

There must be, by definition.

Reply to