OT: The sooner we're out.....

"Government in europe needs to implement a 5 year plan to gradually reduce regulation, reduce the size of government, reduce government welfare, and lower taxes. Taxes are bad enough but the regulations are insane. For example, the EU has 1200 rules on the importation of bananas! Why? There are 10,000 civil servants in Brussels who need to justify their paychecks, so they sit around dreaming up new rules, regardless of how ridiculous they are, and the unelected EU commission is crazy enough to implement them. "
Read about the full train wreck here: https://tinyurl.com/ydgmz49h

What you don't seem to realise is make any 'rule' and there are plenty who will spend all their time trying to find loopholes for their own gain.
Tax laws being a prime example.
Hacking into software - hence the constant updates to keep it secure, or to try to.
That is at least one reason why apparently complex rules exist for simple things.
--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman wrote:

So the fewer loopholes/exceptions/allowances that exist, the better?
What's the largest country that's tried a flat-tax?

In theory. But the IRL won't pay what's needed for decent accountants to keep them on top.

Dunno. But would only be fair if everyone was paid the same.
--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

On Monday, 28 May 2018 16:48:06 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There's nothing fair about the idler and the highly skilled & motivated getting paid the same.
NT
On Mon, 28 May 2018 11:28:44 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There's nothing fair about hard working people being paid minimum legal salaries.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

But minimum pay for the maximum work is good for the country. So the Tories have been telling us forever. Except when applied to themselves, obviously. One reason I have a good laugh when Brexteers talk about immigration depressing wages for others. As if they care one jot.
--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Some of us do. The same way that I once joined a union (along with pretty well all the other Engineers at that company), so that they had enough members to force the company to recognise the union, so that they could represent the designers and CAD operators in a wage negotiation.
SteveW

Quite. Unions work. Why the Tories don't like them. So when a Tory tells me immigrant workers depress wages I laugh.
--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

They kill entire industrys.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.
The coal mining and car unions clearly didn’t work.
On Wednesday, 30 May 2018 00:17:34 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Until they try to overthrow elected governments.

That's rich from you harry. You do all you can to subvert the laws of the land in all sorts of ways.
--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

On 30/05/18 06:15, harry wrote:

Unions dont work. They strike mostly
--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Which would mean I'd mostly been on strike all my working life, then.
Do you ever think about anything before posting?
--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

The leadership of most Unions tend to be more corrupt than politicians and they are only in it for themselves.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

A union 'leader' is elected by its members who also pay his wages. If they are happy with that leader WTF has it to do with anyone else?
--
*I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.

Criminal activity is illegal, fuckwit.

Not these days.

Are you talking Tory politicians or Tory voters?
If the latter ISTM that it's perfectly possible to be a Tory voter based upon the principle of them being better at managing the economy
but not to support every other part of their ideology (in this case, their position on workers rights)
And if the former, well I don't actually think that I have heard it said
tim

Perhaps the majority of both.

You think they've done that well over the past 8 years or so?

I doubt anyone supports the ideology of any party 100%. Hence for so long most taking the middle ground over many things.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *