OT: The sooner we're out.....

is that after the recent advice from the eu not to buy British components as they count towards the foreign bits in a product and may result in that product not being produced in the eu and be subject to tariffs?

I suppose brexiteers have planned for this.

Reply to
dennis

nope because Brexiteers expected a(and look to be able to achieve) a 100% FTA with the EU, so it's all moot

tim

Reply to
tim...

You think this is close to agreement, do you? Have you told the EU this?

Good to know the UK government is united too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No it's not close to agreement because the new RoI Premiere tried to make a land grab for NI on the pretense that a 100% FTA was not sufficient to protect the border, and the EU fell for it.

but it was before that happened

tim

Reply to
tim...

Well, at least that's a novel slant on things.

Are there any lengths Brexteers stop at as regards lies?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True, but I do find it vexing that we left because we wanted to do deals with the RotW, then the very first thing May does is have someone sit down face to face with that french wanker to come to some trade agreement with the bloc we've turned our backs on! The EU should be at the END of a very long queue, NOT the front of it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Tail attempting to wag dog. Let them do what they like.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There we go. The true Brexiteer. Forget any of the headline reasons given for leaving the EU. He simply wants to stop trading with Europe.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Somewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He actually wants to trade with the EU under WTO rules, like Japan, the USA, India, China do.

Reply to
Hankat

There are plenty of other areas of the world with a population of 500 million rushing to sign trade agreements with UK NOT.

Reply to
Martin

In order to pay a 15% tariff instead of none?

Reply to
Martin

I often think many on here didn't get beyond first year arithmetic. Let alone understand a basic balance sheet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. But Plowman has a terrible comprehension problem so you may need to repeat this advice over and over and over again before he eventually gets it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Don't need to sign any trade agreement given that all of them are already signatories to the most comprehensive trade agreement the world has ever seen, the WTO.

Reply to
Hankat

There is no universal 15% tariff with all trade under the WTO rules.

Reply to
Hankat

Which products do you think we can actually compete with then?

Reply to
dennis

So this time we chose to trade with the EU. Think of all the freedom of choice that represents.

I just wonder if that freedom was worth the huge financial cost we will be paying.

Reply to
pamela

Good to see you agreeing with Mr Speed. An ideal couple, I'd say.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

VAT is a flat rate tax. And quite difficult to avoid.

Reply to
newshound

Not these days.

Reply to