Washing machine - how to get the rotator out

We have fairly new washing machine (Kitchen Aid) with a core rotator that swishes the water and clothes around . It's a top loader. I don't know what the hell they call that thing.

I want to get it out and get under it - where all the pennies and other junk seem to hide. The manual says nothing and the tech service people refuse to explain how. They want me to pay for some moron to come to the house.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thx

Stupid Toolman in MN

Reply to
JDB

I think they call it an agitator. I had a terrible time getting mine to come off too. Finally took the washer out to the garage where I have a block and tackle for pulling car engines. Hooked the chain under the agitator and started to pull with the block and tackle. Nothing at first, then the whole washer started to lift off the ground and finally when the washer was about a foot in the air, the agitator finally let go and the washer fell back to the ground. Didn't find any pennies under mine tho.

Reply to
Lost

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It's call the agitator. You can read about getting the agitator out of many brands of washers at the following link. The one for Whirlpool would likely be closest as they make KitchenAid appliances.

Small tuff like that more often gets into the hoses and pump inside the unit, clothing might get caught under the agitator.

Certainly don't need another one of those in the house. :)

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~