Miele Washing Machine: Anyone Have One ? Getting To English On The Screen ?

Hi,

Just got a new Miele washing machine. Front loader, the smaller size one.

Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:

Everything on the screen is in Spanish. Can't get it to display in English. Have tried most everything.

Anyone know how to ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

According to their instructions one just goes to "settings" and under "language" use the up/down arrow.

The word for settings is: ajustes

The word for language is: idioma

That said, I don't understand why anyone would make such a purchase. My analog washing machine is 29 years old and has had zero problems

Reply to
philo

WHAT IS A WASHING MACHINE?

Reply to
jezzabel

I'm not quite sure what analog means in reference to a washer ? But when I was shopping last year, to replace my 15 year old washer all new front load washers were computerized. The one exception was a Huebsch at $ 3000. .. and it wasn't even a commercial model ! I really think that the manufacturers are missing a big market segment here - give me a front load, mechanical control washing machine - maybe 3 or 4 cycles ; no bells no whistles - I'll pay more for less ! I don't think I'm alone. John T.

Reply to
hubops

You may be a Luddite but you're not alone:

Bill

As you said: mechanical timer.

Old technology but reliable and simple.

Clothing will get just as clean no matter what kind of controls the appliance has.

Reply to
philo

If you click on the " mechanical controls " link - it displays 2 models with electronic controls < ? > ... perhaps I'm missing your point .. John T.

Reply to
hubops
[snip]

It's like a wishing machine without the dinosaur bone :-)

Reply to
hah