Miele Front Loader Washing Machine Soap Dish(s) Draining Question

Hello,

Have a few weeks old Miele front loader washing machine. One of their smaller front-loaders; Model is: Touchtronic W 3048.

Seems to work fine, but-

There is a pull-out drawer on the left that has two oblong containers for adding Pre-Wash and Wash.

Neither one empties, fully, after the wash is completed.

There is always 1/8 to 1/4 inch of liquid left in the bottom. Yuk !

Will call Miele about this, but thought I'd ask here first, as have always gotten such good help.

On inspecting these two containers/reservoirs, it seems to me that there is no way they could ever empty fully, as all the drain holes, and also a small stand-tube, are all above the bottom by 1/4 inch, or so.

So how could they ever drain fully ?

(have tried with powder and liquid cleaners)

What am I missing, please ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

On Wed 16 Aug 2017 03:16:56a, Bob told us...

I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but have you thoroughly read the manual? Have you searched Google for a similar problem?

I'm asuming that the program runs water into these dispensers which would certainly dilute the cleaning product significantly.

With the "stand pipe" of 1/4" in height it would seem that liquid would never drain completely, and was not meant to.

It would be good if you could report back.

Good luck!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It was engineered by a kraut. WTF did you expect?

Reply to
Bub