Any washing machine engineers here?

Hi all

Our Miele W460s wahing machine has developed quite a leak from the door and although the gasket looks to be undamaged I'm hoping a straight replacemnt will fix the issue.

I've had a go at opening the front but can't seem to work out the complete process. I've removed the screw in the detegrent draw, the bolt at the bott om of the door opening and a screw at the bottom left of the machine behind the kick plate. This seems to free up the bottom left of the machine but t he top left still seems pretty solid but there are no other obvious fixings holding it in place. I'm assuming the front swings open and is hinged on t he right hand side ?

Has anyone got any experience with this model and could advise on what else I need to do?

Many Thanks

Jim

Reply to
jmileman

I have found the forums at

very helpful for advice on such things.

Reply to
Robin

I'm not sure this will help but I know the dryers open like this video shows/explains:

I cleaned mine not so long ago.

Reply to
gremlin_95

I don't know about your machine but I think you're using the wrong approach. Last time I did one the seal was replaced via the door aperture (without removing any of the machine front) and IIRC, I removed the top to fit a large circlip.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'd agree about that. Panasonic change that way as well. Also I don't suppose the door hinge has been strained has it, this seems to cause the seal to leak due to uneven closure. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On the Miele the front hinges open. (Hinge on RH side) You have to completely remove the soap tray first. Pull the tray right out, there is a red release button to press right at the back between the two soap chutes.

If the tray is not removed, you can't open the front of the machine.

Changing the tub shell gasket is then easy.

Reply to
harryagain

I don't know that model, but on ours there are two screws - one each side of the detergent dispenser and three bolts, at 120 degree intervals, around the door opening.

Finally, there is a catch inside the door for the filter at lower left

- you will need to detach the filter drain-tap from its clip.

Yes the hinges are on the right.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet