fault codes for indesit washing machine

Indesit Evolution 1200 we12 Its coming up f 9 on the display and some times f 12 This is a fault code but I don't know what it is telling me is faulty? Any ideas please?

I have had a look and all the wires are plugged in and every thing looks okay inside. the machine is only 2 years old. I phoned Indesit and they were useless, they said' it means there is a fault' yes I know that but what fault? ' we could send an engineer out at £70 if you like'

Reply to
Jackie Carupie

I have the same washing machine. We got an F number when the machine stopped spinning and left it half full of water. It was still under warranty and the service guy came out and 'fixed it' free of charge.

He let us into a secret that the particular F-number we had (sorry can't remember which) was saying that the drain on the front was blocked (usually by coins and hair clips that have been missed when loading).

You have to drop the panel at the bottom and then unscrew the drain access on the right.

Can't guarantee this is what you have but worth checking.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel