hotpoint washing machine: how do I remove front panel? (2023 Update)

I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994. Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it. Thanks Paul

Reply to
tubbs

Take the top off (two screws at back, then slide, can't remember if it's forward or backwards).

Remove soap tray (pulls straight out but can be a struggle) and remove four screws beneath on plastic fascia. Loosend screw hold on control knob (convenient hole in top edge). Remove fascia taking care with plastic clips that hold indicator neons.

Remove screws at top and bottom of front panel. It will now pull away but won't go far until you remove the wire ring that holds the door seal. To do that, open door and prise the plastic clip towards you (it fits over a pin). It will come in two and release the wire. WARNING: this wire fitting seems to vary so try to check before applying force!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You could try here?

how did you manage to get the door stuck in it? ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Bob is spot on here, but another warning - that clip has a tendency to ping across the room & get lost! If that happens let me know - I bought a spare, then found the original, then bought a new machine!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Probably washing the paint on the door

;-^

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Hi, I have a Hotpoint HVL 211. I wish to remove the front panel. So I can replace the Door seal. I have removed top lid, control/ soap dish fascia, and trying to remove font panel, but discovered this model does not have the 4 screws at top and bottom of front panel. Front pannel seems permanently welded to rest of body. Help? Any body have advice for this model Hotpoint HVL 211? How to get front pannel off, or access the front of drum for door seal replacement

Reply to
citizenorson

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Ward

Why does no one on that forum ever start a new thread??

Anyhow, no knowledge of that machine but I’d be very surprised if you needed to remove the front. Some machines you need to remove the top (screws are often below the rear edge of the top) or replacement is all done through the machine’s door opening. Have a look at some YouTube videos to see how other Hotpoints are done.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

This is uk.d-i-y, so the answer has to be an angle grinder.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

With duct tape to fix it back on again.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You possibly don't need to remove the front panel. The last time I had a hotpoint apart the only thing holding the door seal in was a wire ring around the opening. A bit of a pain in the arse to refit.

See

alan_m

I managed to stop a water leak with duct tape today. The leak was in a disused gas boiler, which is fed from a redundant header cistern. I duct taped the float arm to a bar across the cistern, to shut off the water flowing into it. One day, I might get around to cutting the pipe feeding the cistern and fitting a stop end, but probably not as long as the tape holds. I am getting too old to be clambering around in the loft.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

If the front is welded on, you ain't gonna remove it! And that means the seal can be replaced without removing it. You got the service manual?

A lot more people will see & respond if you get here via anywhere other than the website you're using, most here block all hoh posts. Here is news:uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Animal

Yes, best read this:

Fredxx

For a more permanent repair, you should have used a cable tie!

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

While HOH posts are often regurgitated and posted to uk.d-i-y, posts in the opposite direction, uk.d-i-y > HOH, are usually filtered out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

The uk.d-i-y.uk posts are usually the only source of the HOH diy content so they are not filtered out.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes, the other point is, they should rename them to Coldpoint, as most only take a cold water feed now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I couldn't find them ;-)

Reply to
Colin Bignell

They do generally get through otherwise the website would fall apart, and my post is there.

If they do start to filter everything I have wondered that perhaps we should put the diyfaq link at the top of our posts so the feed to the website dries up?

None of Commander Kinsey's posts are there and no post from Rodney for 4 months. So can't be all that bad!

Reply to
Fredxx