Anyone here got a Miele washing machine?

Hi,

I have a W404 Plus and the Check Drain lamp has been illuminated. I've lost the manual and I'm not sure what to do next. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, this is urgent we have four kids aged five and under and need the machine to be running - we use it 2-3 times a day.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Allison

Hello Mark, we also use a Miele but different model and similar usage. Can't find the book yet but suggest you check the waste output pump. On ours there is a small flap at the front left bottom corner, the plastic gadget to open this is stored on the side of the detergent drawer. Concealed within is a large screw cap. Undo this to reveal the end of the pump. Any blockage should be visible. Whilst you have it open, check that the impellor rotates freely. BEWARE. water will leak when you open it, have a suitable sized container ready. Especially if the drum still contains water. You would be quite amazed at the crap I have removed in the past :( HTH

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Up and running now. Thanks Nick! I did manage to drain 3 washing up bowls of water from it and various items clogged in the drain outlet.

Thanks again, Mark.

Reply to
Mark Allison