OT: The sooner we're out.....

Well it's what us Brexiters would like. Why the f*ck would we want to follow laws imposed by a pathetic little club we're not in anymore? What was the point in leaving if nothing changes? Looks like the Tory party conned us.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Nothing changes on exit day + 1, and you wouldn't want it to. That would just lead to chaos. You incorporate everything into UK law and then effect changes later.

When India went independent from the UK in 1947, this exact same process was followed. All UK colonial law was incorporated into Indian law, and then later changed as and when. And trade arrangements were agreed, too, and we were a damn sight more generous and cooperative (i.e. we cooperated with the Indians to our mutual benefit in the process) than the EU shitheads have been these last months.

Same thing happened when the US went independent. Which is why a lot of law in both these countries is same or similar to UK law. No one says or has ever said that all EU law is crap - and why would you change those which work OK?

Reply to
Tim Streater

You can get very tasty chicken in the UK. Just be prepared to pay three or four times the price of supermarket chicken.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Says who? Just change everything right now, as of tomorrow. We don't want their laws.

I can't think of any that work ok.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Indeed. There was no limit to the generosity of the British Govt in fact. Generous to the extent of withdrawing all British Troops to barracks, against the wishes of the incoming Govt , in the days leading up to the changeover and subsequent partition

Such that in the ensuing days and weeks, it's estimated that up to one million civilians were killed, and countless more maimed in the ensuing riots, fighting, and massacres; as a result of millions of displaced Muslims Sikhs and Hindus finding themselves on the wrong side of the order.

No "chaos" there then.

That you can totally ignore what, Andrew Roberts (rightly IMO) describes as "one of the most shameful episodes in the history of the English-speaking peoples in the twentieth century" (AHoESP20c p397) in order to make some dubious point about the continuity of the legal system and trade, simply demonstrates the profound depth of your ignorance.

But then that's what comes of simply repeating parrot-fashion what you read on websites supportive of your argument; websites written by people as ignorant of history as you clearly are.

How ironic that you of all people should be lauding a strategy formulated by the most left-leaning Govt this Country has ever had, the post-war Labour Govt ; and implemented on the ground by the most left leaning Royal there has ever been; the newly installed Viceroy, Louis Mountbatten. Criticism of whom, by Roberts and others is justly merited IMHO.

michael adams

michael adams

food which is wasted because of inefficiencies in the retail chain is completely different from systematic waste.

tim

Reply to
tim...

but they have substantial prior experience/qualifications that enable them to hold down the job doing SFA

tim

Reply to
tim...

most UK employment rights predated any EU directives to introduce them

the only one that the EU substantially changed was maximum working hours

tim

Reply to
tim...

but you have to do that even if sending non-ugly veg

They must have a solution for it

tim

Reply to
tim...

There is waste at every stage of near everything. Even more so with food production.

If the economics of reducing that waste made sense, it would be done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

but there are certain to be economies in using the unpopular (but still edible) bits of foodstuffs for animal feed

because if you don't do that, you have to grow extra food specifically to use for animal feed

tim

Reply to
tim...

a few years back I asked a local stud if I could have half a dozen parsnips from the 15 tonnes lying in their yard frontage.... 'Help yourself'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ATM they just have to sort pretty from ugly/rotten. They would need three categories instead of two: pretty - ugly - rotten which is a complication.

Reply to
Max Demian

Yeah, as if we didn't have employee rights and trade unions before the EU 'saved' everyone from the wicked bosses!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Did you have all these?

Reply to
Martin

no, when you send stuff to the processing factory they have to sort the usable stuff from the rotten stuff

It should be it irrelevant to them whether the stuff they have been sent has already been presorted to exclude the pretty stuff, or not

tim

Reply to
tim...

Remember back to the late 90s when the French were caught out sending raw human sewage-fed pork to the UK? Where were all these 'wonderful' protective EU regs then? The whole monstrous edifice is a sick international joke.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

where are they now?

the idea that the EU has the moral high ground on animal welfare is false

They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to outlaw the most egregious forms of veal production

They have done nothing to ban bull fighting

They pick and choose the things that are right, ignoring the ones that are wrong, that they do nothing about

tim

Reply to
tim...

Mostly yes, and those that we didnt have we would have had by now.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And they screw us over for 350m quid a week for the privilege!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom