OT - Mobile unlocking and phone numbers

Hi All,

Long time no post!

I am considering moving my Nokia 5140 across from Orange to o2, but don't know much about the process.

There is a little man on the local market who does unlocking for =A310 which seems reasonable.

What is involved here?

Does the phone get flashed?

Will I loose all my numbers? If so, can I use the Nokia utility to backup before the flash and restore after. If so I will have to go cable shopping.

Am I just worrying about nothing and all the numbers will still be there?

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

I suspect if you pay the little man a little more he will let you use a data cable or back them up for you.....

Reply to
James Salisbury

Try this site.

What is involved here?

Shouldn't do.

Your numbers are most unlikely to get loose. You might lose them but I think that's unlikely too. Always wise to back up though and you can always use a pencil & paper.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Hi, Surely, if your phone book numbers are saved to the phone from the Sim card..which you should check....on the phone book menu.. then, the phone holds the numbers, not the card so you just change the orange sim for the o2 one and it will work... The unlocking is so you can use the 02 card in an orange phone. There are lots of sites which offer the service.. D

Reply to
gilli

Long time no post!

I am considering moving my Nokia 5140 across from Orange to o2, but don't know much about the process.

There is a little man on the local market who does unlocking for £10 which seems reasonable.

What is involved here?

Does the phone get flashed?

Will I loose all my numbers? If so, can I use the Nokia utility to backup before the flash and restore after. If so I will have to go cable shopping.

Am I just worrying about nothing and all the numbers will still be there?

If ya that worried use the nokia software to back it up... Free from their webshyte

Reply to
Me Here

Go to the website recommended above, and follow the instructions there to get your unlocking code. To find out your phone IMEI type *#06#

Once unlocked you need a new sim card. Phone your existing network helpline and they will provide you with a code (forgot the name) that you will then provide your new network so that your number will get transferred to the new network.

Nothing should be lost on your phone as a result.

Long time no post!

I am considering moving my Nokia 5140 across from Orange to o2, but don't know much about the process.

There is a little man on the local market who does unlocking for £10 which seems reasonable.

What is involved here?

Does the phone get flashed?

Will I loose all my numbers? If so, can I use the Nokia utility to backup before the flash and restore after. If so I will have to go cable shopping.

Am I just worrying about nothing and all the numbers will still be there?

TIA

Chris

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thanks for the help everybody.

Phone is now unlocked!

I will get organising a new SIM and PAC.

Cheers.

Chris

Reply to
cpvh