OT: Last Night of the Proms

What does the BBC have to do with tickets for the proms? You get them direct from the Albert Hall. Are they part of your conspiracy?

Reply to
Pamela

Those Aberdeen Angus are bit dark aren't they ?.

Not sure what to make of a brown hereford with a white face.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com wrote

That?s a Michael Jackson cow, stupid.

Reply to
Alex

Says who?

All they need do is let the English vote on it too.

A guaranteed independent Scotland would be the result. Or perhaps rather, England independent from Scotland.

Reply to
JNugent

Quite possibly, once more politicians are out of step with the electorate. If there was a Scottish referendum with the whole of the UK voting, I'm certain Scottish independence would obtain a substantial majority.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yep. That would be the remainers living in the past. We are no longer in the EU, like it or not. Just wish both side of the argument would STFU and move on.

Reply to
Richard

Presumably you are among the many who have not (yet) been personally adversely affected by Brexit, or don't know of anyone who has? Or are you one who has benefited (or is likely to benefit) - and if so, in what way?

However, I do agree that we need to 'move on' - although the best way to 'move on' might be to 'circle back'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Presumably you haven't got a clue about my background and what difficulties I have overcome. Difference is, I have got on and done what needed to be done.

Yes, we all have been adversely affected by Brexit. Just as we have by Covid. The 8 billion people on the planet are adversely affecting everyone else. Why do you feel that anyone has the right to reap benefits from anything? Move on.

Reply to
Richard

If you reckon that's a good way to bring the nation together or get a good deal from the EU I commend to you Tony Blair's Chatham House speech.

"if a return to Europe is ever to be undertaken by a new generation, Britain should do it as a successful nation Europe is anxious to embrace, not as supplicant with no other options"

Robin

Has anyone else noticed that this teenage tennis champion, Emma Raducanu, has a father from Romania who is a fairly recent immigrant to the UK. How fortunate that 51% of us voted to leave the EU in order to make sure that such things cannot happen again. We'll all be the better for it won't we?

Reply to
Clive Page

No, I hadn't noticed that at all,

She has a Romanian father, true, but her mother is Chinese and she was born in Canada.

Remind me again when freedom of movement to and from Canada was enforced by the EU?

And whether or not as a commonwealth member the rules for Canadian immigrants were changed by Brexit?

You really are *pathetic*.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That?s bullshit/

Reply to
Alex

Uh?? I thought the whole idea was that it would be beneficial and an advantage. [Well, at least that's what they kept telling me.]

This is true. To some it has even been fatal. Some have had their livelihoods destroyed. Fortunately, to some (especially those who have avoided infection), it has merely been a reasonably tolerable minor inconvenience.

Are we not all entitled to 'Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness' (well, at least the Americans are!).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

We'll import them from Afrca instead. c.f. Zola Budd.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You don't live here, so STFU.

Reply to
Richard

Anyone saying that there have not been any adverse impacts from Brexit is an idiot. Anyone saying that Brexit is a failure is an idiot.

No-one is entitled to any of that. It is a privilege.

Reply to
Richard

The family immigrated from *Canada* to the UK.

That movement is fairly well-known in both directions and has nothing to do with the EU.

Reply to
JNugent

Thank you for that endorsement.

You may not realise that it is citizenship which determines one's right to settle in this country, and not the last country of residence. So as a Romanian he had the right to come here to live and work and indeed to bring in his family too. Anyone who is a citizen of Romania, or any other EU country except the Irish Republic, now trying to do the same doesn't have that right. I expect you voted for it, I didn't.

Reply to
Clive Page

He was a Canadian citizen at the time.

Idiot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You've made abundantly clear your opinion of the BBC, so why are you watching it? And I bet you don't pay the license fee.

I'm surprised you can receive it where you live.

Reply to
R Souls